This is an effort to make a replica of semi-modal view with pushed-back stacked animation found in the beautiful Park Guides by National Geographic app. You can see this original semi-modal view below.
This library (ARC) is designed as a category to UIViewController so you don't have to subclass and you can simply drop in any project and it will just work!
Replica (view demo video to see the beautiful animation)
Download a demo clip here (1.3MB, .mov)
- Works with bare UIViewController
- Works with UIViewController contained inside UINavigationController
- Works with UIViewController contained inside UINavigationController, contained inside UITabbarController
- Auto handling of modal frame size
Auto handling of touch area for dismissal
Easy to understand and very small code base, only 2 files
- Trivial to implement as subclass
- Only use basic CAAnimation, should work fine with SDK 4.x up.
- iPad support
- Landscape support
Installation / How to use
#import "UIViewController+KNSemiModal.h"in your ViewController
Read my blog post for detailed usage.