Chat SDK Firebase
Chat SDK is light-weight and flexible providing an easy way to add instant messaging to your app.
Chat SDK Android is light-weight and flexible providing an easy way to add instant messaging to your Android app.
- Private messages
- Text, Picture and location messages
- Group / Public chat
- User profile
- Stand-alone or custom authentication
- Social Login
- Full source code provided
- Easy to integrate with existing apps
- Native iOS version available
- Fully inter-compatible with Chat SDK iOS
- 2-week money back guarantee
- Supports over 100k daily active users
Chat SDK is designed to be as simple and flexible as possible. It functions as a stand-alone app or it can be integrated with your project using Gradle. To see a demo of the SDK you can download the APK from the Github Project.
Hosting and Performance
The Chat SDK uses Firebase, a Google owned real-time database, to handle message delivery. Firebase is reliable, fast and cost effective. For most of our customers, the free tier provides more than enough capacity.
- 20,000 Daily Users - Approximate number of users supported by free hosting tier
- Chat SDK also scales well. We have clients who are using the Chat SDK with over 100,000 daily active users
Chat SDK is already used on hundreds of successful apps. Here are some of our most successful implementations:
- Over 100k Daily active users
- Cross platform - iOS and Android
- Full integration with existing authentication system
- Over 5m installs
- Chat SDK is used to handle private messaging
- 3k concurrent users
- Messaging system fully re-skinned
- Communication tool for restaurant staff
- Cross platform (iOS and Android)
Comments from our customers
"Excellent Product. Quick responsive response from Developers. Highly recommend it. K" Tefera Kebede
"This app setting is very easy with no errors. There is also flexibility in the app design.
Your many plans will be realizable. If you have any problems, let's consult Ben.
He will surely help you. He can quick response, work and he is a gentleman.
There was nothing that was giving me trouble. I could rely on him without feeling worried．
This app is worth more than price and 5 stars." Naon
"The application is well written, it makes it easy to integrate with existing applications." T.O
Chat SDK comes with a number of flexible licensing options.
- Single app license: allows you to use the Chat SDK commercially in one project
- Multi-app license: allows you to use the Chat SDK in up to 5 projects
- Enteprise license: allows you to use the Chat SDK in unlimited projects
For each of these license there are also three options:
- UI license
- Complete license
- Professional license
The UI license only includes the Chat user interface components. This is great if you already have a server to deliver the messages.
The Complete license gives you the app with all the code to deliver the messages too! As seen in the demo.
The Professional license is designed for customers who need to deploy the app quickly at a large scale. It includes app setup - you just provide us with the necessary API keys for Firebase, Facebook etc... and we'll configure the project for you. It also includes as 3-months priority support via phone or messenger. We will also provide support optimising the app for any bottlenecks that occur up to 100k daily active users
Every license includes the full source code for Chat SDK. We also offer excellent support. We try to reply to issues within hours if they are reported within usual business hours. Direct support via Skype also comes as standard.
We also offer a full range of consulting services from a basic service to configure the Chat SDK to a full app integration service.
Here's a list of the common services we offer and the prices:
- Chat SDK setup - $360
- Integration with existing app from $480. Use the "Get a quote" button for details.
Parse shutting down
A number of customers have been worried by the news that Parse is shutting down next year. Firstly, the good news is that the Chat SDK only has a very light dependency on Parse. We use Parse for image uploads and push notifications.
The push notification provider can be changed by modifying one function in the Chat SDK. There are multiple other possible providers like Push Woosh, custom push server etc...
Image uploads can be handled in multiple ways too. Amazon offer file storage for $0.03 per GB and images can also be uploaded directly to a standard Apache server.
Parse will shut down on the 28th of January. For the next couple of months we'll be looking around for the best, cheapest and most reliable alternative. Once we've decided, we will update the Chat SDK accordingly. We guarantee that the Chat SDK will be fully independent of Parse by the start of July.
The user interface
The core version of the is ideal if you have your own messaging back end and need a user interface. Chat SDK core license provides you with the full front end ready to be connected to your message delivery system.
- Flexible message view including text, picture and location message types
- Login screen
- Thread list view
- User profile screen
- User avatars
- Expanding text input text box
- Tabbed interface - profile page, contacts page, search page etc...
- API Level 15+ supported
The SDK provides a clean simple interface that completely decouples the creation of display of messages and thread form the way they're transmitted and received over the network making easy to integrate with your back end.
Chat SDK is powered by Firebase, Google's excellent real-time database. Firebase provides powerful, secure websocket implementation to deliver data in real time. Firebase frees you from the worry and complexity of running and maintaining your own server and allows you to concentrate on what's really important, developing your product.
- Lightning fast real-time chat
- Login via Facebook, Email, Twitter, Anoymous
- Multiple user accounts on one device
- Cloud message storage
- Push notifications
- Powerful search API
- Add custom meta data to users' profiles
- Lazy loading of messages
- Clean architecture
- Scalable - the app has been tested with over 100k daily users
- Low cost - most apps will never need to pay for hosting
- Full source code provided
Along side the chat SDK we also offer two other versions: