Chat SDK is light-weight and flexible providing an easy way to add instant messaging to your app.
- Private messages
- Text, Picture and location messages
- Group / Public chat
- User profile
- Stand-alone or custom authentication
- Social Login
- Full source code provided
- Easy to integrate with existing apps
- Native Android version available
- Fully inter-compatible with Chat SDK Android
- 2-week money back guarantee
- Supports over 100k daily active users
- Location-based version available
- Swift compatible - demo project included
- Extra features (see pricing below):
- Two factor authentication
- Video / audio messages
- Read receipts
- Integration and setup service
- Location based chat
- Add contacts from phonebook
Chat SDK is designed to be as simple and flexible as possible. It functions as a stand-alone app or it can be integrated with your project using CocoaPods. You can test the app out using our live demo on the App Store.
Hosting and Performance
The Chat SDK uses Firebase, a Google owned real-time database, to handle message delivery. Firebase is reliable, fast and cost effective. For most of our customers, the free tier provides more than enough capacity.
- 20,000 Daily Users - Approximate number of users supported by free hosting tier
- Chat SDK also scales well. We have clients who are using the Chat SDK with over 100,000 daily active users
Chat SDK is already used on hundreds of successful apps. Here are some of our most successful implementations:
- Over 100k Daily active users
- Cross platform - iOS and Android
- Full integration with existing authentication system
- Over 5m installs
- Chat SDK is used to handle private messaging
- 3k concurrent users
- Messaging system fully re-skinned
- Communication tool for restaurant staff
- Cross platform (iOS and Android)
Comments from our customers
"As for the code itself, it's as smooth as butter over hot fluffy pancakes. It opens up in Xcode 5.1 with zero Issues and compiles to iOS 7.1 with no errors or warnings." Greg Storm
"The code is clean, powerfull and well shaped. It is a real pleasure to read and modify it." Zeno Pokossy
"If you are thinking about making this purchase then just do it. It is so worth the money for reasons you can't yet factor in. I'm the founder of an app with millions of downloads and built a complete messaging platform from the ground up in-house. Instead of using that we are using Chat SDK + Firebase and Parse Push." Joel Schwartz
Chat SDK comes with a number of flexible licensing options.
- Single app license: allows you to use the Chat SDK commercially in one project
- Multi-app license: allows you to use the Chat SDK in up to 5 projects
- Enteprise license: allows you to use the Chat SDK in unlimited projects
For each of these license there are also three options:
- UI license
- Complete license
- Professional license
The UI license only includes the Chat user interface components. This is great if you already have a server to deliver the messages.
The Complete license gives you the app with all the code to deliver the messages too! As seen in the demo.
The Professional license is designed for customers who need to deploy the app quickly at a large scale. It includes app setup - you just provide us with the necessary API keys for Firebase, Facebook etc... and we'll configure the project for you. It also includes as 3-months priority support via phone or messenger. We will also provide support optimising the app for any bottlenecks that occur up to 100k daily active users.
Every license includes the full source code for Chat SDK. We also offer excellent support. We try to reply to issues within hours if they are reported within usual business hours. Direct support via Skype also comes as standard.
We also offer a full range of consulting services from a basic service to configure the Chat SDK to a full app integration service.
Here's a list of the common services we offer and the prices:
- Chat SDK setup - $360
- Audio messages - $99
- Video messages - $99
- Audio and video message - $149
- Location based chat - list of nearby users - $149
- Add contacts from phone book - $149
- Two factor authentication
- iOS and custom PHP server license - $199
- Setup (optional): $99
- Hosting and support (optional): $19 per month
- Read receipts: $149
- Integration with existing app from $480.
Use the "Get a quote" button for details.
Parse shutting down
A number of customers have been worried by the news that Parse is shutting down next year. Firstly, the good news is that the Chat SDK only has a very light dependency on Parse. We use Parse for image uploads and push notifications.
The push notification provider can be changed by modifying one function in the Chat SDK. There are multiple other possible providers like Push Woosh, custom push server etc...
Image uploads can be handled in multiple ways too. Amazon offer file storage for $0.03 per GB and images can also be uploaded directly to a standard Apache server.
Parse will shut down on the 28th of January. For the next couple of months we'll be looking around for the best, cheapest and most reliable alternative. Once we've decided, we will update the Chat SDK accordingly. We guarantee that the Chat SDK will be fully independent of Parse by the start of July.
The user interface
The SDK provides a clean simple interface that completely decouples the creation of display of messages and thread form the way they're transmitted and received over the network. The user inteface is made from flexible components that can be mixed and matched in your project.
- Login screen
- Compose message token view
- Thread list view
- User profile view
- Message list view
- Expanding text input box
- Keyboard animates up and down smoothly
- Message copy / paste
- iOS 7+
Chat SDK is powered by Firebase, Google's excellent real-time database. Firebase provides powerful, secure websocket implementation to deliver data in real time. Firebase frees you from the worry and complexity of running and maintaining your own server and allows you to concentrate on what's really important, developing your product.
- Facebook, Email, Twitter and Anoymous
- Multiple user accounts on one device
- Cloud message storage
- Push notifications
- Powerful search API
- Add custom meta data to users' profiles
- Lazy loading of messages
- Scalability - the app has been tested with over 100k daily users
- Low cost - most apps will never pay for Firebase hosting
Audio and Video Messaging is finally here!!!
Since the first release of ChatSDK users have been asking us when the chat will support Audio and Video messages. Well today is the day! We are very excited to say that the latest version of ChatSDK is compatible with Video and Audio messages.
Hold to record snippets of audio and send them to your friends. The simple and slick design allows you to pause and play messages as well as showing you the length and time remaining for the audio.
Send and play video messages right from your chat window. Film from your phone or choose an existing video and send it to your friends. Then click the message to play it right then and there.
We understand that users of ChatSDK value the ability to customise the chat to their specific need. We believe that you should be able to choose what you want and what you don't. No one wants to pay for functions they won't be using!
For this reason instead of increasing the price of the ChatSDK we're selling Audio and Video messages separately meaning you can customise the chat based on exactly what you need.
Buy either Audio of Video for only $99 or get both at once for only $149!!! Want to know more? Then hit the "Get a quote" button and we can send you the modules to enable audio and video in your apps.
Along side the chat SDK we also offer two other versions:
- Chat SDK Android - Native Android version of the Chat SDK
- Geo Chat - Chat SDK with location messages!