Setting up Parse
- Visit Parse.com
- Sign up for an account.
- Once you've signed up, you should be presented with a screen similar to the one below. Click on Settings at the top of the screen.
- Once you're on the settings tab, on the left hand side you will see "Keys" link. Click on it and you'll be presented with a screen like the one below.
- Now that you can see your Parse app keys we can place them inside our iOS code. Open up the Chatter project in Xcode, open the "app" folder and click on "AppDelegate.m"
- Now that you're in the AppDelegate.m file you can change the app keys to the ones provided on the "Keys" screen in parse. Example below.
Setting up Facebook
To allow your users to login via Facebook you'll need to setup a developer account within Facebook.
- Register or sign into Facebook, then visit developers.facebook.com
- Click the "Apps" tab at the top, and then "Add a New App"
- Follow the instructions and once all is done go to your "App Dashboard" within Facebook.
- In your dashboard you will see an app ID and an app secret code. Copy the app ID code.
- In Xcode go to "App > Supporting Files > info.plist and paste the app ID code from Facebook into the value of the FacebookAppID key.
- Now copy the same key into "URL types > Item 0 > URL Schemes > Item 0" value in the info.plist, but this time put "fb" (without quotes) infront of the app ID key.
App Settings Tab
In Chatter's "Settings" tab you'll be able to access your profile and about app pages, as well as "Tell A Friend" and log out functions.
Tell A Friend
To edit the links for the Tell A Friend action you'll need to go to the "SettingsView.m" file. The following picture will show you which code to change to personalize it to your app.
To edit the about page you'll need to go to the "AboutView.m" file. The following picture will show you which code to change to personalize it to your app.
To edit the layout and text of the about page you will need to edit the AboutView.xib file. Its easy to edit the text, just double click the text box and edit.