The following document will guide you through the process of installing and using this product.
When you first download this module, you get a zip file. After opening it and unpacking it, you will find 2 items: Instructions.pdf (this file) and hdfacebookproductcomments.zip.
The latter is the actual module and you should keep it zipped. Prestashop will handle the unzipping and installing.
To install the module, follow this simple steps:
- Log into your admin panel with your username and password
- Go to the Modules section.
- Click on “Add a Module from my computer”
- On the “Module File” click on Chose File and navigate to the hdfacebookproductcomments.zip file. (Remember, not the one you downloaded, but the one inside it).
- Click on Upload This Module
- After uploading, you will find the item “HD Facebook Comments for Products” on your modules list. Navigate to it and click “Install”
- The module should be now installed. You can start configuring it by clicking on the Configure link.
Facebook Comments for Products must be configured first in order to be used. You previously need to create a Facebook Application. On this document you will find the steps to do this.
Create a Facebook Application
- Access your Facebook Applications Dashboard: https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Click on the “Create New Application” button
- Type the name of the application. This value can be anything, but we recommend putting your store’s name, to make it easy to manage.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- After that, you’ll be redirected to your new facebook application panel.
- Write down the App ID Value.
Once you have your Facebook Application created, you can set-up your module.
- On the Facebook Application ID field, write down the Application ID you previously wrote down from the facebook application you created.
- On Width, you can set up the width of the comments panel.
- Number of Posts to Display is pretty self explanatory.
- Color Scheme let’s you chose between two color schemes. Light and Dark.
- On the Facebook user ID, you can set up several user ids, separated by commas, to enable them to administer the comments. You can either use the facebook email of the user, or the facebook name alias. Both will work.
Now your new module is ready to be used! Go ahead and take a look at your products page!
Remember that if you have any other module that handles comments, you should uninstall it so that your visitors won’t get confused with two comments modules.