JustChat is messenger app template developed natively for Android, with a clean UI and color scheme similar to WhatsApp. It is not a fully-functioning chat app, but just a layout template. If you have Android development skills, you can add the chat functionality to the template. You can even create a back end for your chat app using Parse.com or Sinch.com.
If you have an existing app and want to integrate a chat feature, JustChat is easy to reskin to fit your needs and matching your app's design.
You can download and check the demo version from here
Essential UI Elements
- Contact list with a person's profile image, name and their status.
- Home screen with unread message counts.
- Navigation drawer to switch between screens.
- A clean chat screen.
- Eclipse IDE
- Android SDK
- An Android device or emulator
Setup the Project in Eclipse
- Download the source code.
- Extract the zipped file.
- You will get three, which contains three files: source code, demo apk and documentation.
- Open Eclipse.
- Go to file menu and click on "Import Project"
- Give the path of extracted source code folder in the pop-up window.
- Click "Finish" and you are all set to run the app.
The process of renaming and reskining the app is covered in the documentation.