The Kwolla Lite Social Network is perfect for businesses wishing to create their own private social network for their employees, fraternities or sororities to plan events, or any group of friends looking to hang out online.
Kwolla Lite is very themeable and modular. It uses 960.gs and the Yahoo Reset for CSS. The other CSS behind the code is very well laid out.
Finally, it comes bundled with the following modules: Account, Comments, Contacts (Friends), Inbox (Private Messaging), Static Pages (Contact Us, Terms, Privacy, etc), Profile, and Search Engine.
Using the Search Engine does require a server with cron enabled. Installing Kwolla Lite is straightforward and easy. This package comes with a 7 page guide on how to install it.
These modules offer a lot of functionality out of the box. Here's a detailed description of each module:
- Account: The primary Account module allows members to register for an account on your Kwolla Lite installation, update their Account, upload a Photo, and update their status.
- Comment: The Comment module lets members post comments on each others profile and manage/respond to comments that have been posted on their profile.
- Contact: The Contact module lets members become friends with each other, manage pending friends, and remove members who are no longer their friend.
- Inbox: All private messaging between members is done with the Inbox module.
- Index: The Index module handles the home page construction and design.
- Profile: One of the largest modules, the Profile module displays a members profile.
- Root: All other modules extend the Root module so they can have similar functions and characteristics.
- Search: Finally, the Search module lets members search for each other.
New Features in 1.1.0 (released Jan 28, 2011): You now have 4 ways to find members:
- On the homepage, it displays the last 10 registered members
- After creating an account, you can click Member List on the left hand menu. It will display a paginated list of members.
- Also, if there are more than 1 member in your network, you can click Random Member to find a random member.
- If you search for someone and no results are displayed, 10 random members are.
New features are being released all the time!