Online payment fraud is a common and painful problem for eCommerce services and websites. The good news is that fraud can minimized and prevented using user data that is readily available before processing a transaction.
This class provides an API wrapper for the Maxmind Minfraud service for estimating the chance of fraud, and also automates some of the data gathering:
- Finds potential proxy addresses using a list of known proxy headers
- Hashes and splits domain of provided Email address
- Adds various environment parameters if they are available
- Communicates with the Minfraud service and formats the response as an easy to use associative array (instead of a query string)
- Integrates with the PHP Paypal API component and provides methods to accept data directly from it.
Bundle: If you need Paypal integration with PHP as well, checkout the bundle of this component and the PHP Paypal API class component.