Mosaic is a gallery component that will allow you to represent any visual element in an easy, fast way, thus being able to incorporate advanced sorting & display capabilities which will add to your application much better sharpness and quality than those provided by a simple image viewer.
Due to the highly customizable nature of this component, in being able to introduce any type of item renderer, you will be able to use it both in the display of multimedia resource apps as well as in professional management applications and professional utilities whose functionality needs a higher interaction with the user, either on iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad) or Android devices. Many of the most successful professional applications that we know about today make use of this kind of components to represent documents, notes, images, videos, voice notes or even 3D elements.
- Complete documentation in PDF, translated to english and spanish.
- Includes a fully-functional demo application, to test all its functionality.
- Includes a visual element featuring a fully-functional shaded sheet
- Includes a turnable visual element in order to display pictures with additional info, such as the caption, a brief description and the date of last update, all being fully-functional.
- It lets you expand the functionality of the component by allowing you to create your own visual elements for Mosaic, which you could even also sell later on to other developers!
- The number of columns is customizable separately for the landscape or portrait modes of the device in run-time.
- Vertical & horizontal margins are also customizable separately in run-time.
- The heading of Mosaic is also customizable, with an option to alternatively hide it or show it in run-time.
- The footer is also customizable, with an option to alternatively hide it or show it in run-time.
- The lenght of all animations is also customizable in a separate way.
- Horizontal and vertical bounce/rebound is customizable.
- Fade effects can be applied either to specific elements or all elements together, with customizable length of the animation.
- Each element can include customized data that are stored within a data object.
- It includes events which make it easier to get to know which element has been selected, by indicating its position, row and column.
- Customizable zoom. Perfect for the display of photo images!
- Customizable display of scroll bars, which are also configurable.
- Adds and removes individual elements in run-time.
- Dynamic loading from JSON/XML, with local and remote examples.
- Can dynamically and massively create and remove all sorts of elements.
- Sorting of elements in the mosaic is done according to your own custom data, with both alphanumeric and numeric data, in ascending or descending order.
If you have developed a mobile application with our components, let us know and we promote your iTunes Store or Android Market Application in our Web Site. Write us an e-mail. We can help you, we like help you!!
[16/08/2011 – Appcelerator Developer Blog] Mosaic is now the “gold standard” component featured by Appcelerator Titanium Team, and used like best practice from a technical and marketing point of view.
[v1.0.2 – Coming soon]
- NEW : PHP script to generate dynamic
JSON /XML content for Mosaic from a
- NEW : Android Support.
[v1.0.1 – 24/08/2011]
- NEW : Remote JSON data loading (with local and remote sample file).
- NEW : Remote XML data loading (with local and remote sample file).
- NEW : Sample for loading items from a local array of images (or another media).
- FIX : Error returning total items in “refresh” event when Mosaic is empty and call to refresh method after construct.
[v1.0.0 – 16/08/2011]
- First version of the component
If Mosaic Component likes you, please, follow, rate and comment us, and let me know how can we help you with your Mosaic based development!! ;-)