Write automated tests for your web application
Satix is a Java framework for automated testing of websites and web applications. To write tests, only the knowledge of XML and HTML DOM tree is required.
This library is lightweight and fast so that developers also can use it for smoke test before checking in new code or fixes in order to ensure the changes will not break the web application they are working on (regression testing).
Testers can use it for function verification test (FVT), build verification test (BVT), regression test, long run test, to name a few. The action level logging makes it easy to troubleshoot any possible breaks of the web application.
A summary report generated by the tool provides a whole picture of view on all test cases. Moreover, end users can extend the framework to support new types of web elements or override existing actions very easily.
- The tool is xml-driven with test cases being XML-based, which means no Java code, or any other programming/scripting language is required. Also it is flexible to organize the test cases.
- The framework is highly extendable by adding new action class or overrid-ing existing action class.
- Easy troubleshooting ability makes it possible to drill down to each action of a test case.
- The framework is very lightweight (only around 14M), and no installation is required.
- It is low learning curve for end users who only need to have XML and web knowledge to develop test cases. You are expected to learn this framework less than one hour. This is extremely cost-saving for your company to hire entry-level testers but who can develop professional test cases.
Running Environment: JRE 6.0+, Selenium2.41+