This plugin allows the default comment plugin in Simple Review to be replaced with CompojoomComment.
The default comment plugin is very basic, by using CompojoomComment you will gain access to more advanced comment options such as nested comments, UBB formatting, avatars and front-end moderation.
- Using this plugin will remove the ability for the commenter to leave a rating.
- You will require a licensed version of CompojoomComment 4.2.1
- Requires Simple Review 3.0.13
- Supports Joomla 1.5 and 2.5.
Installation and Configuration
- Install the Joomla plugin plg_content_joscomment_simple_review.zip.
- Upload the contents of com_simple_review to the CompojoomComment plugin folder. Typically www/administrator/components/com_comment/plugin/com_simple_review/.
You need to turn off the default Simple Review comment plugin. In your Simple Review configuration:
- Comments tab: Allow User Comments = No
- Review tab: set the 'Comment Form' and 'Comment Display' template to disabled.
- Click Save
In your CompojoomComment settings:
- Click new.
- Name (textbox): com_simple_review.
- Component (select list): com_simple_review.
- Change the other settings to suit your needs.
- Click Save
In the Joomla plugin manager enable Content - !CompojoomComment - Simple Review.
Import existing comments from Simple Review (optional)
You can import any existing comments by following these steps (see screenshot import_comments.png)
- Import from table (your jos_ prefix may differ): jos_simplereview_comments
- Commented component value: com_simple_review
- Id from the column: commentID
- Content Id from the column: reviewID
- Date from the column: createdDate
- Name from the column: anonymousName
- Userid from the column: createdByID
- IP from the column: userIP
- Text from the column: comment
- Published from the column: published