A quick and easy way to publish a picture book (with optional audio) on the App Store, without the need to learn how to develop an App. The easy to use template loads your pages in JPEG format and even narration or sound in MP3 format, and outputs a native iPhone, iPad, or Universal (iPad+iPhone) app, ready for the App Store.
The Story Book App project has the following features:
- Loads pages from image files - simply save your pages as .jpg files and the Story Book App will display them in sequence. (page1.jpg, page2.jpg, page3.jpg, etc)
- Swipe between pages, or use the menu to jump to any page.
- Animated page transitions. Animated startup sequence.
- Supports an unlimited number of pages, example book included.
- Universal - supports all models of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Narration audio (save your files as page2narrate.mp3, page3narrate.mp3, etc)
- Add 'tap sounds' - MP3s which play when the user taps on each page (name them page2tap.mp3, page3tap.mp3, page4_tap.mp3, etc)
- Add an extra layer to your pages with PNG files (eg. popup speech bubbles)
- Button to link to website or another app from the in-app menu (eg, link to paid app from your free 'lite' app).
- Choice of page transition styles (flip, fold, slide).
- Right-to-left option for Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese books
- Include extra activity pages such as coloring pages, activity sheets, or mazes. (name them activity1.jpg, activity2.jpg, activity3.jpg, etc). Users can doodle and color the pages, then save, share via email, or print wirelessly via AirPrint.
Added in v1.5:
- Added option for background music. Added support for 4" Retina display (iPhone 5 and new iPod touch).
Added in v1.6:
- iOS 7 & iOS 8 compatible
- Faster drawing code for Activity Pages
- Increased selection for colors for Activity Pages (was 5 colors, now 18 colors)
- Users can now share their creations directly from your app to Facebook or Twitter
- New, flatter UI to suit the style of iOS 7 better
- 64-bit compatible for iPhone 5S, iPad Air, and iPad mini (2nd gen)
Added in v1.6.1:
- Optional Parental Gate. To comply with Apple's new policy for apps designed for children under 13, a parental gate can be enabled so that permission is need to access social sharing functions or external website links.
Please note: Xcode 5 or above with the iOS 7 SDK are required, you can download Xcode free from the Mac App Store. This project will not work with older versions of Xcode.