- Tired of manually handling cache expiration?
- Hate query spikes when cache expires?
- Server can't handle cold starts?
- Data gets overwritten due to race conditions?
- SQL servers pukes from insane queries and large datasets?
Well, no more! finally a cache that can be used without feeling a pain in the neck. Ucache - the perfect solution for developers seeking highly automated cache mechanism. Using uCache with memcached, apc and / or file based caching will help you forget about expired cache query spikes, race conditions, cronjobs or even the 1 MB limit of memcached. But it doesn't end here - if parsing dynamic PHP scripts is getting slow, you can cache data straight to any type of static file.
What? Don't want to use memcached, apc or file based caching? Don't like the current implemention? Make your own handler! Provided API documentation will let you find everything you need.
Last but not least, the Ucache is lightweight. No external libraries, no unneeded code, just the bare bones of a highly automated caching mechanism.
- Race condition prevention.
- Multiple cache reset request on same data prevention.
- Server cold start freeze prevention.
- 1MB limit removal for Memcached handler.
- Quota limit for Files handler.
- Multiple instances with same or different cache handlers.
- Memcached, Apc or file based caching supported.
- API documention for developing your own custom cache handler.
- Very useful when there is a need for speed on high database load applications without major it's changes and query rewrites.
- Useful if server can't handle dynamic content requests and there is a need for static one.
- Most likely there will be a noticable performance gain on any application. Try IT!*
- PHP 5
- PHP Memcached (If Memcached handler is used)
- PHP Apc (If Apc handler is used)