Get a head start building your own Mastermind-inspired logic puzzle game for iPhone or iPad with this starter kit.
Vault Breaker was previously a top free app in the US in 2009 and has had over 1 million downloads to date.
This starter kit includes the complete up-to-date source code, with clear-to-follow instructions on how to customize and improve it into your own similar game.
The code is 100% compatible with the latest Xcode version, and tested on iOS 5.0 and more recent. It is easy to understand even for novice developers and makes full use of standard UIKit library, with Game Center integration for word-wide leaderboards and achievements, unobtrusive AdMob advertising and in-app-purchase feature for unlocking extra options and removing the ads. These features can be individually disabled or enabled by simply commenting settings in the AppConfiguration.h file.
- Addictive, easy to learn yet hard to master puzzle game (Mastermind with numbers)
- Multiple difficulty levels
- Two alternate UI themes, user-switchable from the Preferences popup
- iPad & iPhone universal binary
- Extended game modes (limited history, no history)
- Built-in integration of unobtrusive AdMob banners
- Built-in integration of Game Center leaderboards
- Built-in integration of Game Center achievements for extra fun
- Built-in "latest news" button that downloads a remove web page and stores it locally for offline access
- Button for opening up the game's Facebook page
- Optional in-app-purchase to remove ads and unlock the extended premium modes
- Built-in "ask for rating" popup to incentivize user iTunes ratings
- 1-file configuration for all user settings; you can remove ads, game center, IAP and more.
To sum up, with this starter kit you can:
- learn from its code
- create similar games ; you'll just need to change the name and logo image
- reuse parts of it in your own projects