Video Converter uses the FFmpeg multimedia framework for actual file processing, and adds an easy-to-use API for probing and converting media files on top of it.
Supported codecs and formats:
- source: any format or codec that's supported by ffmpeg
- target formats: Ogg, AVI, Matroska, WebM, FLV, Mov, MP4, MPEG-TS
- target video codecs: Theora, H.264/AVC, DivX, VP8, H.263, Flv, MPEG-1, MPEG-2.
- target audio codecs: Vorbis, AAC, MP3, MP2
- Pythonic, clean, extensible code
- extensive unit tests
- tested on Python version 2.5, 2.6, 2.7
- uses ffmpeg utilities, doesn't need to be linked against ffmpeg library itself
Module documentation is available here.
This module uses the ffmpeg utilities to do the actual media processing, and so requires them to be installed on the system (either system-wide, or to a custom location). Support for a particular format/codec depends on the underlying ffmpeg utilities being compiled with support for it.