An Objective-C Video Streaming Framework for iPhone and iPad
Apple's video streaming solution is very limited - it supports only http streaming and h264 video codec, while being closed-source, rendering the task of streaming video much more difficult than it should be.
This framework extends the native solution with the following:
- Supports streaming protocols not supported natively
- Supports additional codecs not covered by Apple's solution
- Can be customized, configured and fine-tuned (such as buffering duration, audio or video raw data)
- Stream video from multiple protocols (http, mms, rtsp & rtmp)
- Supports all popular audio & video codecs
- Audio & video syncing
- Very easy to use (similar to Apple's MPMoviePlayerViewController API)
- Look & feels like Apple's MPMoviePlayerViewController
- Works with WIFI & 3G
- Shows detailed stream information (audio & video codecs, total streamed data in bytes, connection type)
- Works on all iOS devices (iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, 5S, 6, 6+ and all iPads), and supports all screen types and rotation alignments
- Supports pausing stream
- Supports streaming in background
- Robust error handling
Version 3.1 release notes
- Updated for iOS 9 & XCode 7
- iOS VideoKit engine is used under the hood
- Deployment target is set to 7.x
- Bitcode enabled
- Free version with Ad Support (banner and interstitial) added
- Free version with ads and Single App License: Decoder Binary + UI source code.
- All other licenses includes the full source code of the decoder.
- Detailed documentation with integration instructions.
- Demo Xcode project.
- Fully automated FFmpeg build scripts that will build universal static libraries for the armv7, armv7s and i386 architectures.
- Pre-built FFmpeg universal static libraries
- Free version with ads has same features with the original version except it displays banner and interstitial ads during playback on revenue sharing model. That means the income from advertisements is shared among client and SDK owner with 40% 60% ratio. To do this client needs to provide Google Admob ad unit id's for banner and interstitial ads.