Creating a new store
When you register for an account, you'll be asked to create your first store. Any choices you make here can be changed later.
Pick a name to identify your store. The store name is also used on emails unless overridden in the Email Settings.
There are 2 main types of stores to choose from.
- A Single Product store showcases a single product, having navigation, front page and visual themes all focused around a single product.
- A Multiple Product store is organized around listng multiple products, with a separate front page and a listing page for the products. Each product has an individual product page on the store.
Store Web Address
Each store on Binpress has its own unique address (subdomain) that ends with .binpress.com. Personalize your store by picking your custom address. At higher plan tiers, you can also attach your own full domain to the store.
Note: Since web addresses uniquely identify stores, you will receive a notification if an address you want to use is already taken.
Store Email Address
Choose the email address you want to receive sales notifications and contact information from visitors. This email address would also appear on emails sent to your customers as the sender's address (From).
By default, we use the email and name you used to sign up for your account.
You can enter store location details, which would appear on invoices, at the bottom of transactional emails, and on licenses you create for your products. It's not necessary to enter all the details - country is automatically selected based on your IP location, and the rest is up to you depending on your tax and accounting laws.
Creating more stores
You can create unlimited number of stores (you are limited by the amount of published products, depending on your subscription plan). To create a new store at any time, move your mouse over the store selector in the site header (top-left corner), and click on the button that says "Create a new store".
You can invite people to help you manage your store. Users you invite will be able to manage the products and content, and answer support tickets for your customers.
To invite new managers to the store, visit the "Store Managers" page by picking that option from the "Stores" dropdown in the header, or from the store settings navigation menu. Once you enter a manager's name and email, an invitation would be sent out to them.
As the store owner, there a few actions that only you can take:
- Inviting and removing managers from the store
- Changing the store settings
- Transferring ownership to another manager.
The number of managers you can add is limited by the usage plan you are on. If you need to add more managers, please upgrade your plan.
Themes and design
We offer multiple themes for each store type, that target different types of products - such as code libraries, business software, game software and more. We will be adding more themes on a regular basis, driven by the needs of our users.
Adding a logo
The first to customizing your store is adding a logo. Visit the "Design" tab in the main navigation and upload your logo. The logo appears on the store website, in emails sent on your behalf, in the clients logged-in area and in the Paypal checkout if you added it as a payment option.
Changing the store theme
To change the store theme visit the "Design" tab in the main navigation. You can choose from different themes depending on the product type you want to publish on your store. You can also preview different themes before you change it, to see how it would like.
The ability to customize your store's theme is coming soon. You'll be able to modify the different sections of the store, and style it manually using CSS.
Suggesting new themes
If the product you want to publish is not represented well in any of our themes, tell us about it! visit our forums and suggest new themes to be added. Suggestions that receive support from the community will be made into new themes you can use.
You can receive payments through two methods currently (more coming soon):
- Stripe - allows you to process credit-card payments directly on your store.
- PayPal - allows you to process PayPal payments through PayPal hosted checkout flow. Requires a PayPal business account.
To connect a payment method, visit the payment methods screen of your store, by selecting it from the "Store" dropdown in the main navigation, or by clicking the "Payment Methods" link in the store settings navigation.
For each payment method, you will be redirected to that service and asked to grant Binpress permissions to process payments on your behalf. Once you do so, the payment method will become active and you'll be able to receive payments on your store using it.
Online payment fraud is unfortunately a very common activity, from which all online retailers suffer from. It is even worse for digital products, as payment processor offer virtually no recourse once fraud has been detected.
To help you deal with fraud, we provide advanced fraud detection to any transaction on your store. You can customize some parameters of the fraud detection process to strike the right balance between preventing fraud and providing a smooth experience for your customers.
Click here to learn more about fraud prevention on Binpress.
Modifying Fraud Controls
To customize fraud detection to your needs, visit the "Fraud Controls" screens through the "Store" dropdown in the main navigation, or by clicking the "Fraud Controls" link in the store settings menu.
The parameters you can modify include:
- Turning on or off fraud prevention - If fraud prevention is not included in your usage plan, it will be automatically off.
- Manual approval and automatic rejection - Each transaction is graded on the probability that it is fraud, between 0.1% and 99%. That grade is called the Risk Score. You can change the amount of risk score beyond which you will need to approve transaction manually, and the amount beyond which transactions will be automatically rejected.
- Attempt throttling - A strong indication of fraud is multiple failures of credit-card purchase attempts. You can specify after how many failed attempts in a specific time span to blacklist the user. The default is 5 attempts within 30 minutes.