Rules and Guidelines
All entries must pass our publishing criteria. In addition, contest submissions will be graded on the following attributes :
- Development style and methodology - intelligent use of software design techniques and patterns. This includes but not limited to separation of concerns, encapsulation and abstraction, loose-coupling, readability and maintainability.
- Originality - how original is the submission. Creativity and originality can compensate for less mature code. On the flip side - if the submission is in a crowded space, the code level needs to be at the highest possible in order to compete.
- Usefulness - how useful is the submission. Creativity is important, but the package must also be useful in the real world. Very useful packages will be graded higher.
Suggestions and examples
Here are some ideas to get you started if you do not have something prepared already:
- Integrate popular APIs (such as Amazon or Paypal) into popular frameworks and platforms.
- Create plugins for existing mobile frameworks
- Enable developers to easily imitate native functionalities ot common used features
- Develop a standalone solution to handle media from multiple sources and formats
- Be creative - but also develop something useful.
- To get more ideas, look at our current mobile components or check out our wanted list
- Over $20,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to 3 winners.
- The contest will run from October 26th (00:01 a.m. UTC) to November 26th (23:59 p.m. UTC).
- The judging period will run for 14 days after the contest ends.
- Entry must be approved and published on binpress using "mc2011" as one of the tags.
- Entry must be related to mobile development (e.g. PHP components will not be considered for the contest).
- Multiple submissions are encouraged however a developer cannot win more than once.
- Binpress staff, family and friends are not eligible to compete.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-substitutable.
- By submitting an entry to the contest, you agree to the contest terms.